NOW AVAILABLE ~ Utah Law Enforcement Memorial License PlatePosted on August 10, 2012 by Administrator
A Utah Law Enforcement Memorial License Plate is finally available. If interested in purchasing one, please follow these instructions on how to get the plate – it’s not available for motorcycles at this time due to Utah Code disallowing special group plate designs on motorcycles:
You will need Form TC-203 and you will notice that the Section 1 is already pre-filled for you. Please include your phone number somewhere on the form in case we need to contact you.
License plates are $35.00 dollars per year in addition to normal taxes and registration fee.
- The 500 New plate applications MUST be turned in together by a Representative of ULEM.
- Only 500 of these will be made available for the first run — therefore these will be a limited-edition first-come, first-serve plate.
- Please make checks payable to the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV).
- If your registration is due, you will pay that cost separately to the DMV.
- Ordering this plate does not extend your registration. Your renewal month remains the same regardless of where it falls.
- The vendor will need a twelve-week turnaround which means the plates will not be ready for mailing distribution until September 2012.
- There will be NO souvenir plates available until we reach the statewide availability status. If you wish a plate for a souvenir it must be tied to a vehicle the first year.
- The plates will be disseminated by USPS mail to the address on your vehicle registration. In the future an additional $3.00 for postage will be charged per plate. That fee HAS been waived for the initial orders of our plate.
- Legislation passed only allows for two license plates to have background coloring. These plates are the Ski Utah and the Arches. The blue line through the middle of the plate has been redesigned and will appear behind the slogan “All Give Some … Some Give All”.
- Personalized group plates are available with up to five digits which can include letters, numbers and spaces. Applying for personalized plates also requires an additional form, TC-817. The total cost for a personalized Special Group plate is $98.00. Anyone who previously submitted $108.00 will be refunded $10.00.
- A question yet to be answered is whether the annual $35.00 donation cost of the plate is tax deductible. It is believed that it is a deductible cost; however the final information has not been provided. The analogy is that the first year it is somewhat like Girl Scout cookies. You are helping a charitable cause but you do receive a “plate” as compensation. It is year two and beyond that no additional “goods” are received and a copy of your paid registration may suffice as a tax donation receipt. We will await further direction.
- Should you have any concerns or questions, please contact Danny Driggs or myself. We appreciate your interest and help in launching the availability of the Heroes, All Give Some … Some Give All license plate. Again, we highly emphasize that orders need to be submitted and not held onto in groups. There will be a 501+ application received and there is nothing we can do to provide for those applicants.
- Questions to Janet Thorsted 801-643-9178 or Danny Driggs 801-528-2544
- Applications for plates need to be filled out and returned by mail to:
PO Box 225
Kaysville, UT 84037-0225
If you are on Facebook, check out the Utah license plate to honor and support ALL fallen Utah Peace Officers group for more information on the license plate.